FOUR! 4 sounds so old. No more baby, no more toddler, she is officially a big girl.
Yellow seems to be Ailyn's color of choice. So I went with an all yellow theme! It was a fun party to plan and since it's spring, yellow was everywhere. Huge thanks to my sister for helping me plan and decorate!!
I'm not sure how much Ailyn comprehends since she is non verbal. We made a huge deal about her turning 4 she seemed to be shy about it! Covering her face whenever we asked how old she was. But, when I mentioned "presents" she got excited.
We asked everyone to wear yellow. It was fun seeing all yellow!
This year we asked family and friends to put their gift money towards an Ipad for Ailyn. THANK YOU to all who gave money! She opened the Ipad on her actual birthday. She knew what it was right away. We plan to use it as a communication device. She already loves it. It's amazing to see how much she actually knows. I think the Ipad will open a whole new world for Ailyn. I'm excited to see the progress!
We played all the "vintage" party games. Pin the tail on the donkey and duck duck goose.
Ailyn's favorite part was blowing out the candle. She waited patiently until we sang "Happy Birthday" and then blew out her candle. We had to do it twice :)
Thank you to all who came! We had a great time! See you next year!




