I can't believe Easter has come and gone. That means Ailyn's birthday is next!! The kids really enjoyed coloring eggs this year. Like every project, I cringe a little. Not knowing what Ailyn will do. She only threw a few eggs at the end. They both sat and dyed the eggs with little drama. This is the first year Camden didn't say "dialing eggs". That was a little sad.
We normally get dressed up and go to church. They have an Easter egg hunt that Camden looks forward to. But, we decided to stay in and have a PJ day. Since the church is next door, I kept Camden busy while the egg hunt was going on. SHH .... Aaron made a great ham dinner. It was a nice quiet day.
When I was little, I remember my parents going back to bed on holidays. It used to bum me out. Guess what I did for 2 hours?? I couldn't keep my eyes opened. My kids didn't seem to mind, they had their Daddy to play with. Cash did though. He barked at the gate to come up to me.
The Easter Bunny hid eggs all over the house. I can laugh about this now but the damn Easter bunny almost set our house on fire. A couple days after Easter, I had all 5 kids (I watch 3 boys full-time) at home on spring break. I got up to make breakfast and smelled a burning plastic smell. I ran around crazy trying to find it. I yelled to Camden to help. I dialed 911 because I wasn't finding the smell and fire has always been my biggest fear. As a child I would have terrible nightmares. When I hung up with them Camden found the source. A freaking egg in the chandelier. It had melted pretty good. I was able to cancel 911, thank God! Note to Easter Bunny, NEVER put a plastic egg on a light bulb again please. #itwasntme
The bunny also left a pinata. I can get into the drama of the day but I won't. Let's just say we were all exhausted.
I can't believe our Strawberry will be 4 years old next week! 4! She has entered the terrible 4's..... what? There's no such thing?? Tell Ailyn, please!
We are also getting ready for Camden's birthday party. His birthday was in January but since we had a very unhealthy winter, we asked him to wait. He was so patient. At first it was a Michael Jackson theme, then Jaws and now soccer. I have 2 days to get creative. It's a small party and I'm sure it will be fun. The weather is supposed to be 65 and sunny!
The March Of Dimes walk is coming up very soon! My sister Becky and her kids are flying down. I'm so excited to spend a week with them. Still want to donate?? Click on the March Of Dimes badge on the side bar! And, HUGE thanks to everyone who has donated so far.
Spring break was uneventful. I had the boys everyday so we stayed in. We did a project every day. The weather was not great. We only had one day to play outside. The kids favorite thing to do was play with rice. I set up a sheet in the living room. Each kid sat for over a hour playing. It was awesome!
Ailyn has had MERSA staph in her ear for 3 months now. We did a second round of Bactrium. But, it's still there. I clean her ear with vinegar 2x a day. We go to the ENT next week for a hearing test and an appointment. Both ear tubes have fallen out now. I'm assuming she will have them put back in soon. The poor thing has not has a break with ear infections since last summer.
The biggest news of this month is Ailyn decided it was time to give up the bottle. The doctors and even the dentist were on board with her having one for so long. It was the only way Ailyn would drink Pediasure. She was drinking up to 30 ounces some days. We are noticing some weight loss so we have to get creative with foods. She loves plain bread and will eat 4 pieces a day! She also loves this Cookie Monster cereal. She will ask for it all day long. I have been pushing the whole milk. So hopefully, she will do well. I dread the feeding tube again.
Look for a new blog makeover soon!! I figured Strawberry needs a new look. So for Ailyn's 4th birthday, she is getting a new blog!
Happy April!!!!!















