Ailyn's therapy was canceled today. So instead of sitting in front of the Casey Anthony trial, I asked Camden if he wanted to go to his most favorite place ever.
A few years ago I took Camden to the shelter for the first time. Ever since, he asks to go back all the time. There are two huge cat rooms. They allow you to hang out with the cats. Camden likes to bring food and toys for them. We take money out of his piggy bank and go to the store.
Camden is so proud to get his very own cart. He picks out the food all by himself.
The smile on his face is priceless. Today he said "This is the BEST summer EVER"
At the check out Camden counted his money on his own and handed it to the cashier. On the way to the car he said "I feel like a 10 year old!!"
Camden is very sweet to all the kitties that are shy. He makes sure they want to be petted before he makes his move. Most of the cats are very friendly and love the attention. The scared ones just stare you down.
This pretty girl "Ellie" is 14 years old. She jumped up on my lap and wanted to snuggle.
"Ronnie" our fav of the day, was very curious of Ailyn....and her bottle.
I think we were Ronnie's favorite too! He climbed right into the stroller and hung out.
This shelter is the best. So clean...they have many beds for the cats. There are cats of all ages. I was shocked to see so many old cats! Not as many kittens this time.
After a long visit, I had to drag Camden away. He wanted to keep going back to say goodbye.
Ailyn wanted to hug this kitten to death.... and tried.
It was a great visit and I am sure we will be back soon. A perfect rainy day outing! AND FREE!