We normally spent most of the summer up north in NH with our families. I always thought I was missing out on so much with my friends. Turns out they have lives too and are just as busy! Although, we have had plenty of perfect summer days.
Our summer started right after Ailyn got discharged from Mt. Washington. We watched my cousins house in NJ for 3 weeks. It was the most relaxing three weeks of my life. No seriously. I decided I would not take any doctors calls, make appointments or do anything medical related. We also had no Wifi (I had my data) Camden took it vary hard for about 4 hours. The withdrawl wasn't too bad. He ended up using his imagination and writing comic books and even wrote 5 chapters of a book. There's was plenty to do without the internet and the break was very refreshing. I admit, I couldn't do it. I used my data. Hello my name is Amy and I'm totally addicted to the Internet. Not afraid to say it.
I had my morning coffee with Hank most mornings swinging on the porch swing. I admit I shut the door so I wouldn't hear Ailyn yelling my name every 10 seconds.
Growing up my Gandparents would bring me to this house. This tree was always my favorite. I love being able to bring my kids here every year too.
Yes, we brought Ailyn's Bubba for a few days. And, sadly on this vacation she decided to call him by his real name and never has gone back to "Bubba".
Love these two.
We had our cousin Aiden for the first week. And, we have friends that would come over to play.
Daddy couldn't stay the entire time so he made a few trips to see us. He was put right to work.
We had to visit Camden, NJ! And, no he is not named after the town. I was calling him "Cam" all day that day. This part of town was very nice though.
Ailyn had her first Philly pretzel. She had another one for lunch too!
We went to aquarium
These 3 had the best days together.
One of the best parts of the trip was Ailyn getting to ride Rusty Buttons for therapy. She loved it! And, he lived right next door! Huge thanks to Chris for doing this for our Strawberry.
Only took a couple days for me to NEED to go to Target
My friend Jen and her kids came for a night.
Hunter and I looking for coyotes and enjoying the view
Naps were on our daily to do list
This became the fun thing to do. Get out of the car at the mailbox and race the car home. I always won.
Guess who came to party?!?! My nephew Owen! Oh, and his family of course
And, my cousins family lived close by so they came for the day
Our 2009 cousins. Just missing out Leah.
Seriously don't know if he can get any cuter
Auntie is the shit
This hat proves it
Cash would swim for hours
Philomena
We invited some other friends we know nearby for a cookout
My sister ❤️
My sister and I take about 455,458,345 pictures each so I'll post some of my favs
CAPE MAY!! Even though it was just a day, it was worth it
Our cousin was working in CM for the summer so it was an awesome surprise to see him!
Rest day.... With lots of kids. They set up a movie theatre. Not sure if they even watched 20 minutes of the movie
Then back to play! Music and wine on a summer night? Yes, please
I live a minute away from an Amish market and had never been. After going to this one, I have since been to ours twice.
Happy 35th birthday to me! 😉
We went to Cowtown Rodeo. It was a neat experience!
Ailyn sang "Happy Birthday" to me. First time she sang a song❤️ Best gift ever ❤️
Can't forget our July baby ❤️ They left to go home after cake 😢
The next day was our last day. Ailyn rode Rusty Buttons home and said goodbye.
Goodbye New Jersey! Thank you again Dave & Joan! We will house sit anytime! Ox