-

4/7/11

YA YA


Ailyn had her two year old Renal appointment today. At birth Ailyn's kidneys shut down to keep her body alive. She bled strait blood for 3 weeks. As a result, she has kidney disease. The only sign she has the disease is high blood pressure. We have to give her medicine twice a day. She has been closely monitored every 6 months to make sure everything is under control.


The appointment went well. Over the past year she has had blood work three times to check her kidney functions. Every time they are pleased with the results. Since there has been no change we are going to keep everything the same. We will go for blood pressure checks once a month and based on her blood work today we will see if she needs an adjustment in her medication.


The new mic-key button in going well. Now that I have learned how to lock the tube attachment I don't feed the bed ;) Ailyn is still pretty sore when we go near it but I think it's getting better. It is also still bleeding some. Renal wants me to call GI tomorrow and let them know. It's not much and the blood is not as red.... It is SO nice not having that annoying long tube hanging out of her clothes!


Meet "Ya Ya" Ailyn's new best friend. Camden has had a Froggy since he was two. Ailyn is very fond of Froggy. Our Nana bought this cute frog for Camden a few years ago, I just came across it and gave it to Ailyn. She is so sweet with "Ya Ya". I can tell they are going to be great friends. "Ya Ya" is Ailyn's new word.....or sound.....or Ailyn talk as we call it. Below is a pic of her saying "Ya Ya" :)