We started a behavioral plan here. It's like a point system. She can win prizes for being good. Honestly she's not going to care much about it. Losing points is not a big deal to her. Winning prizes.... Maybe. But, I had to set something up. She was hitting, scratching and pinching. Very impulsive but knows what's she's doing. She immediately will apologize for her behavior but will do it again a minute later. Exact behavior we dealt with for years with her.
Of course it's from working very hard. She's exhaused, in pain all day and night and not in her own environment. She starts therapies at 9am and gets done at 4pm. Plus she has school for a hour in between therapies. Adderall is our best friend.
Even with all that our experience here has been amazing. Each therapist works her very hard and knows to push her even though she will say she can't do something. She is using her words in sentences to everyone. And, they understand what she says.
This week we started hydrotherapy. The pool is 95 degrees. Ailyn loves it! She will get it 3x a week for a hour. The first day she didn't move her right leg much but today we saw improvement.
Ailyn loves doing school work. She can do it for 3 hours strait. I have learned to ask her if she wants to do "homework" if she can't calm down
Miss attitude
Auntie Heather has been AMAZING. She has done so much for us since we've been in here. 🦄
Eating is pretty much not happening. Refusing every meal. Her fluid intake has been too low also so we are pushing liquids and starting Carnation instant milk. I don't blame her for not eating the food here but she's refusing food we bring in for her too.
Yesterday I got a vacation for the day. Daddy stayed overnight with her. Their first night alone together and an entire day! I photographed my friends grandchilds birth. Sally was both of my kids first teacher. I was so excited to do this for them. The baby boy is so beautiful and healthy.
Homeschool is going well. She is tired and gets very frigidity but it's expected. Her teacher is very nice.
Tonight is pizza night! Maybe Ailyn will eat it since she loves pizza.
Daddy is going to stay with her tomorrow night again so I can spend some time with Camden. We are both missing each other.
Have a great weekend! Check back for more updates! Yuba the therapy dog Ailyn loves will be back next week. So excited to get them back together.