-

6/3/12

School's out!!



We said goodbye to our 2 & U class. All us Mom's were so sad. We had a great year! 

I didn't tell Miss Sally this (sorry) but I was very close to not having her join this class. I had so much anxiety over Ailyn's behavior. I was so afraid she would hurt her new friends. I talked to my teacher friend and she gave me awesome advice. On the first day we started I warned all the Mom's of Ailyn's bad ways. And, wouldn't you know!!! She made a total liar out of me!!!! Sure, we had a few pinches here and there but nothing like Miss Ailyn is known for.


I was also concerned about Ailyn's developmental delays. I was worried about her feeling bad she couldn't keep up. Well, once again, she proved me wrong! She was able to keep up with the 5 BOYS the whole year! Ailyn sat through story time, painted, did her art work, ATE snack and played parallel with her friends. Other than not being able to walk or talk, she did everything the boys did. I need to learn to chill out, huh? 



 

Ailyn loves anyone's Dad! Izzy's Daddy was very good with Ailyn. Ailyn had him taking her on the slide about 30 times.




The boys in our class were great with Ailyn. Jon (above) called "Awin" his best friend. He was playing with her hair here. SO sweet! Another little boy named Hayden was SO good with Ailyn. He always made sure Ailyn had an instrument at music time, or let Ailyn get her paint set up first, he was so caring with her. I want a lot of Hayden's in Ailyn's classes in the future!


We are going to miss Miss Sally. Camden still misses Sally 4 years later. Sally is a teacher who loves her "babies", tells them she loves them everyday. She hugs and kisses the kids and truly loves each one. We are very lucky to have Sally's daughter babysit for us! So it's not goodbye forever.




I am so glad I made the choice and did this class with Ailyn. Of course it helped that I was with her! I am hoping next year I am just as happy with the choice I make.