-

4/5/12

Spring Break


Our friends asked us to go on vacation with them to the mountains. They only had to ask once! With our insane weekly schedule a vacation sounded awesome!


I drove with kids alone for the first long drive ever. It couldn't have gone any better! Camden read me books on his Kindle (he's getting so good at reading!!) and Ailyn slept.


Our Daddy couldn't stay the whole week but came on the weekend.


The house was amazing. It had everything you could ask for in a vacation house, including an indoor pool! Which my kids enjoyed immensely...like 3 times a day immensely!


We didn't have much time with Daddy so we made the best of it. The weather was beautiful so it was easy finding fun things to do outside.



Ever since I have heard that CP children love and thrive in Hippo therapy,I have wanted to take Ailyn horseback riding. I was nervous to do a hour trail ride but we set off into the mountains.

 

Ailyn signed "done" only two times in the beginning but then her body turned to jello and she was feeling the rhythm of the horse. Camden was loving his horse!







The Wisp resort had a mountain coaster that was the coolest thing ever! But, don't ask Camden. He hated it. Ailyn would have loved it!



The view of the lake from our house was so pretty. The water was so blue.


Who does this remind you of?? No mistake at the fertility clinic that's for sure!


Doesn't she look like a 3 year old here??? :(  When did that happen??


Ailyn loved the pool. She had no fear and wanted to be dunked, thrown and piggy backed for hours! She was so happy. She would let us know by doing this God awful scream. (I'm sorry about your ears P&G)

 





This boy is good at his pool game!!! I guess those hours playing with Daddy downstairs has paid off.

The sign for "horse"



Daddy had left and the kids needed an outing. So we went back the same farm to ride their ponies. Above she is trying to say "horse"



Miss Independent didn't want me to hold on to her (of course I did anyway). She loved every minute of it. She would stop to pet the horse and sign "horse".



Camden was in his glory too. I swear he will own a farm one day. His love for animals is so cool!




We bought a bag of dirt for $10.00. Inside it were gems to find. It was 10:00am so it didn't go over too well. Ailyn ate the gems.




I got to meetup with one of my board Mommy's. Tina lives in WV and only a hour away from us. Our Mommy board started 7 years ago. We have been talking almost every day since. We have been through child loss, divorces, preterm labor, you name it. It's hard to explain the closeness of the board to outsiders. I can honestly call all of them by best friends. The day was so comfortable with Tina.



Her daughter Caroline was the sweetest ever. Tina couldn't bring her January baby, Andrew since he was in school.


It was so  nice to spend the day with you Tina! Thank you again for making the drive!


"I want 3 turns!!!"  I shouldn't have listened to him after the coaster ride. But,he has wanted to zip line for a long time. He did awesome, was very brave but the last zip line scared the crap out of him.








Our time in the mountains was fun and very relaxing. A HUGE thank you to our good friends G & P for inviting us.