1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup raisins (I omit these)
1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup water
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease bottom and sides of a 9" x 5" loaf pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, nutmeg, and baking powder; stir in raisins.
In large bowl, with fork, beat together pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water. Add flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
Pour batter into loaf pan. bake 1 hour and 10-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Let cool ten minutes and remove from pan. serve immediately or wrap in plastic. Can keep a couple of days on counter top, covered. May be refrigerated or frozen.
I make this with the large can of pumpkin and multiply the other ingredients accordingly. I also tend to be heavy handed with the spices.
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup raisins (I omit these)
1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup water
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease bottom and sides of a 9" x 5" loaf pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, nutmeg, and baking powder; stir in raisins.
In large bowl, with fork, beat together pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water. Add flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
Pour batter into loaf pan. bake 1 hour and 10-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Let cool ten minutes and remove from pan. serve immediately or wrap in plastic. Can keep a couple of days on counter top, covered. May be refrigerated or frozen.
I make this with the large can of pumpkin and multiply the other ingredients accordingly. I also tend to be heavy handed with the spices.